We have designed a policy that is suited to most small to medium-sized Alternative Therapists with a broad range of features.
- 13 months cover for the price of 12
- Insurance Provided by leading Australian Insurer CGU
- Policy Limit options from $1M to $10M
- Defence costs paid in addition to limit
- $1,000 Cost Exclusive Excess on PI/$500 on Liability
- Automatically includes $10M Liability at no extra cost
A copy of the policy is available within the application process and will be sent to you upon completion of your insurance application, and is avaliable via the link below:
The following endorsements should be read in conjunction with
Sportscover Combined Liability Policy Wording
General Liability for Amateur sports Policy Wording
If your martial arts school/club has ancillary fitness and weight training activities as part of The Business, they are covered under this policy.
Cover under this policy shall only apply where new members of the martial arts school/club have been shown how use all ancillary fitness and weight training equipment by a suitably qualified/experienced instructor
If you use subcontractors in connection with The Business as stated in the Policy Schedule you shall exercise reasonable care to ensure that the subcontractors are adequately qualified for the services they provide and have in force and effect Public Liability Insurance for third party Personal Injury or Property Damage with a minimum limit of indemnity limit of $10,000,000 throughout the curation of their contract with you.
You shall undertake to obtain and retain documentary evidence of the said Insurances
Tournaments/Promotions/Fight Night Endorsement
- Excludes liability for claims arising from the actions or activities of contractors and/or sub contractors.
- Excludes liability for claims arising from any form of pyrotechnics, activities involving horses or amusement rides and inflatables.
- Excludes Stallholders Products Liability.
- Excludes liability for claims arising from the actions or activities of security personnel.
- Where the event involves combat sports, It is a condition precedent to indemnity that a currently registered doctor or paramedic is in attendance at all events/bouts.
- Excluding all liability arising out of the ownership, possession, operation, or use by you or on Your behalf of any Vehicle.
- It is a condition precedent to indemnity that all elevated staging, seating, scaffolding and temporary buildings are erected and maintained by Third Party Contractors. The Insured must obtain written evidence that such Contractors have a current Public Liability Insurance Policy for a limit of at least $10,000,000.
Libel & Slander Endorsement
Management Liability Endorsement Refer Section 3 of Wording
- It is hereby agreed and declared the Policy Wording is amended as follows:
- This policy is extended to cover non-residents of Australia on the following basis only.
- Section 4.2 Medical Benefits
- Benefits are payable for medical treatment received in Australia only Benefits will be paid on the same basis as Australian residents with access to Medicare meaning:
- - If Medicare were to normally apply to an expense, we will not pay any benefit under the policy for that expense to a claimant who does not have access to Medicare All payments cease if the claimant leaves Australia
- Section 4.3 Weekly Benefits
- Loss of Wages is only payable to those with appropriate working visas or permanent resident status and where proof of such is supplied Benefits are payable only for occupations conducted by businesses approved to conduct business in Australia and cease once the claimant leaves Australia.
All other policy terms and conditions apply.
IMPORTANT INFORMATIONPlease read the following important information. Contact your Broker if there is anything you do not understand, or if you have any questions.
DUTY OF DISCLOSURE/ DUTY NOT TO MAKE A MISREPRESENTATION
Before you enter into an insurance contract, you have a duty to tell the insurer anything that you know, or could reasonably be expected to know, that may affect the insurer's decision to insure you and on what terms. You have this duty until the insurer agrees to insure you. You have the same duty before you renew, extend, vary, or reinstate an insurance contract.
For Personal, Domestic and Household insurance contracts, you have an additional duty to take reasonable care not to make a misrepresentation to the insurer. To ensure you meet your duty, your responses to the insurers' questions must be truthful, accurate and complete.
IF YOU DO NOT TELL THE INSURER SOMETHING
If you do not tell the insurer anything you are required to, they may cancel your contract, or reduce the amount they will pay you if you make a claim, or both. If your failure to tell the insurer is fraudulent, they may refuse to pay a claim and treat the contract as if it never existed.
Your contract of insurance may contain an average or under insurance provision. This means that if you under insure, you will have to bear part of any loss yourself.
INSURING THE INTEREST OF OTHER PARTIES
If you require another party to be covered by your policy, you must request this in advance. Most policy conditions will not provide indemnity to other parties (e.g. mortgagees, lessors, principals etc.) unless their interest is noted on the policy.
CLAIMS MADE POLICIES
Some policies (for example, professional indemnity insurance) are "claims made" policies. This means that claims that are first advised to you (or made against you) and reported to your insurer during the period that the policy is current are insured under that policy, irrespective of when the incident causing the claim occurred (unless there is a date beyond which the policy does not cover - this is called a "retroactive date". In order to ensure that your entitlement to claim under the policy is protected, you must report all incidents that may give rise to a claim to the Insurers without delay after they come to your attention and before the policy expires.
All Retail Products are subject to a "cooling off period" of a minimum of 14 days and details of this are contained in the PDS. During this time, if you are not happy with a Retail Product, you may withdraw from the new contract at no cost to you other than our broker's fee, which is not refundable.
CANCELLATION OF YOUR POLICY
If there is a refund or reduction of your premium as the result of a cancellation or alteration to a policy or based on a term of your policy (such as a premium adjustment provision), we will retain any fee we have charged you. We will also retain our commission or charge you a cancellation fee equal to the reduction in commission. We will also retain any adviser fee we have charged you.
Premium funding allows you to spread out the cash flow associated with paying your insurance premiums over the next twelve months. We receive a commission from the funder for arranging the funding contract, full details are available on request. Please note that should the insurance policy be cancelled, before the expiry date for whatever reason, the Premium Funder will charge you the full interest applicable to the contract, as detailed in the Loan Application Form. Typically there will be no refund of our commission on the refund premium and no refund of any fee we may have charged you for arranging the cover. We also reserve the right to charge you a policy cancellation handling fee. In some cases insurers also apply minimum premiums to policies, which may further reduce the refund that you might otherwise receive. The impact of the above on you is that any refund you receive for the mid-term cancellation of your policy will usually be significantly less than a pro rata calculation would produce and in extreme cases may involve you having to make an additional final payment even though the policy has been cancelled. Therefore prior to cancelling a policy and replacing it with another cover we strongly recommend that you discuss your situation with us so that we can advise the exact extent and impact of the early cancellation provisions mentioned above."
CREDIT TERMS & PAYMENT
Unless agreed otherwise, Credit Terms are strictly in accordance with the period specified on the invoice, if you fail to pay the full premium within the agreed period your cover will lapse. The insurer will be entitled to a premium for the time held covered but you will be uninsured from the date your cover was cancelled.
We appreciate privacy is important to you. We are committed to protecting your personal information. For further information, please refer to our Privacy Statement by visiting www.pscinsurance.com.au/privacy or upon request.